Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
These garlic Parmesan drumsticks on the Char-Broil Big Easy are proof that it really doesn’t take many ingredients to make absolutely delicious chicken. A wonderful combination of cheese, butter, and garlic. I’m a huge fan of garlic, so I loaded it on like I like it: thick.
I used drumsticks because that’s what I happened to have on hand (hey, they were on sale!) but any cuts will do. If you use split chicken breasts or even whole chickens make sure that you get the ingredients on all sides: top, sides, underneath, you name it.
The last step of cooking these garlic Parmesan drumsticks (right before devouring them) is to brush them with a mix of melted butter, garlic, Parmesan and parsley. I use a very long nylon brush for this so that I don’t burn myself. I remove the basket from the Big Easy and place it on a large baking sheet pan. That way any butter that drips down doesn’t get onto my patio. Although the nightly visitors (raccoons and possums) would thank me for that, it’s a bit messy. The pan takes care of that for me.
Also try my Kick’N chicken legs on the Big Easy.
Garlic Parmesan Drumsticks on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Spray the drumsticks with non-stick spray.
- Combine the salt, pepper and granulated garlic and rub over all sides of the chicken pieces. I like my chicken pretty garlicky, so I used more of it than salt and pepper. Just make whatever ratio you want.
- Transfer chicken to the Big Easy basket. Place into the Big Easy and cook until done. My legs took approximately 40 minutes to reach 165 F.
- Combine the butter, fresh garlic, Parmesan and parsley. Lift up the Big Easy basket and, using a long brush, brush with the butter mixture. Return the basket to the Big Easy and cook another 5 or so minutes or until the chicken turns golden brown.
- Remove and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.