A big Cobb salad makes for a great side dish. Or main dish for that matter. I had some smoked chicken left over and decided to make it the center of this smoked chicken Cobb salad. Of course you can go crazy with a Cobb with whatever meats and veggies or fruits you want. That’s the beauty of a Cobb. No rules. No judgement.
I was feeling particularly artsy, so I waffle cut some radish and cucumbers for this salad. It’s nice to always do something a little different. It doesn’t have to be big, it can be something as subtle as a waffle cut. People will remember it and it really didn’t take any extra effort.
Smoked Chicken Cobb Salad
A big Cobb salad makes for a great side dish. Or main dish for that matter. I had some smoked chicken left over and decided to make it the center of this smoked chicken Cobb salad
- Green and red leaf lettuce chopped
- Smoked chicken cubed (any cooked chicken will do)
- Bacon cooked, drained, chopped
- Eggs hard boiled and rough chopped
- Avocado rough chopped
- Cucumber sliced thin
- Radishes sliced thin
- Extra sharp cheddar shredded
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Red onion soaked in water for 10 minutes, finely chopped
- Feta or crumbled Blue Cheese
- Black beans rinsed and drained
- Sweet corn drained
- Layer lettuce on a large platter.
- Top with remaining ingredients, placing in rows.
Nutritional values are approximate.