This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
A big Cobb salad makes for a great side dish. Or main dish for that matter. I had some smoked chicken left over and decided to make it the center of this smoked chicken Cobb salad. Of course you can go crazy with a Cobb with whatever meats and veggies or fruits you want. That’s the beauty of a Cobb. No rules. No judgement.
I was feeling particularly artsy, so I waffle cut some radish and cucumbers for this smoked chicken Cobb salad. It’s nice to always do something a little different. It doesn’t have to be big, it can be something as subtle as a waffle cut. People will remember it and it really didn’t take any extra effort.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Smoked Chicken Cobb Salad
- Green and red leaf lettuce chopped
- Smoked chicken cubed (any cooked chicken will do)
- Bacon cooked, drained, chopped
- Eggs hard boiled and rough chopped
- Avocado rough chopped
- Cucumber sliced thin
- Radishes sliced thin
- Extra sharp cheddar shredded
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Red onion soaked in water for 10 minutes, finely chopped
- Feta or crumbled Blue Cheese
- Black beans rinsed and drained
- Sweet corn drained
- Layer lettuce on a large platter.
- Top with remaining ingredients, placing in rows.
Nutritional values are approximate.