It is sweet corn season here in Indiana. We recently put up over 100 ears of corn for next winter. Sweet corn is a mighty good thing, whether in a chowder, in salsa, or my favorite, right off the grill. I just love the charred sweetness of corn off a charcoal fire. And you’ll find that these little corn cob pops make eating corn even more fun.
We get our sweet corn from My Dad’s Sweet Corn, in Tipton, Indiana. Their corn is available at many of the farmer’s markets in and around Indianapolis.
The dipping sauce with the corn tastes so fresh with a great cilantro flavor, backed with a little heat from a jalapeno.
Also try my corn cob Maque Choux.
Corn Cob Pops
I just love the charred sweetness of corn off a charcoal fire. And you’ll find that these little corn cob pops make eating corn even more fun.
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing zesty!
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and roughly chopped
- 6 ears corn on the cob cut into 2″ wide pieces
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place dressing, cilantro, shallot and jalapeno in a blender and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Thread corn onto skewers and grill over medium-high heat until lightly charred and cooked.
- Serve corn with the dipping sauce.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 318IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.