Oh man did these Swamp Sauce smash burgers ever hit the spot. Juicy patties. Crisp fresh toppings. All with a wonderful creamy sauce that is a combination of just about every good burger sauce you can think of. It’s got a little heat. It’s got a little sweet. A little tang. This will solve your problem if you find yourself opening the fridge, looking at the condiment bottles, and trying to decide what to use. These burgers are proof that even the simplest sauce can make a ‘plain’ burger something special. Sure, there are a few ingredients, but nothing fancy and nothing complicated.
Making Swamp Sauce smash burgers isn’t difficult. You don’t need a bunch of fancy equipment or a lot of time. Just a hot griddle and a burger press. Any griddle will do, whether it’s on a grill, cooktop, stove or even a standalone outdoor flattop. Just get those patties nice and thin and use quality fresh toppings. And a great sauce.
Swamp Sauce Smash Burgers
For the sauce
For the sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the burgers
- Fire up your grill for direct medium-high heat cooking. You can also use an outdoor or indoor griddle or a large skillet on a stove.
- Season the burger patties with salt and pepper on both sides. Don’t be shy with the seasoning.
- Place the patties on grill. Smash down with a spatula or grill press.
- Grill the burgers for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top the patties with cheese and grill until they’ve reached your desired doneness and the cheese is melted. Remove from the grill.
- Toast the buns as desired.
- Make the burgers by first spreading some of the sauce on the bun bottoms.
- Add a burger patty.
- Add onion, lettuce, tomato and pickle slices.
- Slather the top bun with more of the sauce and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.