I’m not sure I’m ever going to make traditional nachos (with tortilla chips) again. I’m addicted to tater tots, and making them into nachos pretty much has me in love with them even more. I didn’t even think that was possible.Get crazy with the toppings. Just make sure you crisp up the taters before adding the toppings, and don’t drown them in sauces that make the taters soggy (booo!). I used Crispy Crowns instead of tater tots when I made these nacho. I think Crispy Crowns get crisper, and they’re flat, so they have a nice little spot for the toppings to settle on.
There’s a restaurant just north of Indianapolis, in Westfield, named the Local Eatery & Pub that makes totally outstanding tater tots. They are major league crunchy on the outside, and smooth and creamy inside. I can’t recommend them enough!
Also try my tater tot casserole.
Tater Tot Nachos
- 1/2 bag Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns
- 1/4 cup Southwestern Sauce
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 can chili heated
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 1/2 tomato seeded and chopped
- Heat potatoes per package instructions. Make sure you get them good and crispy.
- Add your desired toppings.
Nutritional values are approximate.