Oh how I do love nachos piled high with smoked pulled pork, cheese and jalapeno. There’s no point in doing it half-way, either. These Mile High Memphis-style BBQ nachos bring it. Three layers of nachos. Bite after bite of BBQ goodness. The perfect way to use up leftover pork, beef or chicken.
I prefer to use either fire-roasted jalapenos or green chiles on my nachos. Roasting chiles is the way to go, adding a little more smokiness to the dish. You can find canned roasted chiles in your grocery store, near the Hispanic food section. I always keep a few cans on hand because they’re great in lots of other dishes, not just nachos.
Mile High Memphis Style BBQ Nachos
- Tortilla chips
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese melted
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 pounds smoked pork shredded or chopped
- pickled jalapenos to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F or fire up your grill for indirect cooking.
- I like to use cast iron fajita skillets for this recipe, but you can use a large cast iron skillet or a baking sheet.
- Spread out 1/3rd of the chips. Drizzle with 1/3rd of the cheese and sprinkle with 1/3 of the pork.
- Repeat the layers two more times.
- Transfer to the grill or oven and cook until the chips are warmed and the cheese is nice and gooey hot.
- Sprinkle with jalapenos and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.