I’m always on the lookout for a new salad, specially if it has macaroni in it. This three bean macaroni salad is somewhat similar to our popular peas and pasta salad in that it has a nice creamy dressing and a nice crunch thanks to onion and bell pepper. The addition of dill really makes the dressing even better.
I can see adding cubed pepper jack cheese to this three bean macaroni salad to really take it over the top, so I included it in the recipe (though I didn’t make it with the cheese).
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
Also try my regular-ole-macaroni salad. Classic flavor in every bite.
This recipe is based on a recipe from Kraft.
Three Bean Macaroni Salad
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain well and let cool.
- Place all of the beans, the bell pepper and onion in a large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Italian dressing.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add in the pasta and the dill and stir until the pasta is well coated.
- Add cheese and stir gently.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutritional values are approximate.