This is my take on the Trailer Park Dog, another great dog from the Dougie Dog food truck from Vancouver, Canada. I’ve been watching the show Eat Street on the Cooking Channel. They recently had an episode where they visited Dougie Dog and after seeing all the great dogs they have, I decided to make my own versions. Of course, if they had a truck here in Indianapolis, I’d be camped outside their door right now.
Is there an easier hot dog recipe? Probably, but not a good one. Don’t laugh at the simplicity of these hot dogs. They’re actually quite tasty. You get a crunch from the chips and a nice creamy cheesiness from… well, the cheese.
I was going to serve these trailer park dogs on some fru-fru fancy hot dog rolls I picked up from Taylor’s Bakery, but that just didn’t seem right. Grab yourself a pack of the cheapest buns you can find and enjoy some good dogs.
Also try my Alpine hot dogs.
Trailer Park Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup plain potato chips crumbled
- 1 cup cheese sauce warmed (or American cheese slices. I used nacho cheese sauce)
- pickled jalapeno slices optional
- Just cook up the dogs and warm the buns.
- Top with cheese sauce and crumbled potato chips.
- Add jalapenos if you like.
Nutritional values are approximate.