These no carb sherbet (er, sherbert as I was raised to call it) pops are proof that going low carb does not mean getting no flavor. Packed with your favorite gelatin flavor (in our case yummy raspberry), it’s the perfect treat for a hot day. Or cool day, as was the case here. I made pops, but you can also just pour the sherbet mixture into single-serve cups and freeze them.
The original recipe for no carb sherbet pops calls for using a small 4-serving box of gelatin, which is perfect. For double the flavor use the bigger 0.6 ounce box.
For an adult version, substitute wine or champagne for the club soda. If you don’t mind a few carbs add in some fruit (frozen fruit that has been slightly thawed is fine) before or after you puree the mixture.
I admit that any time I get to break out my popsicle molds I get all giddy. I know that fun times and good flavors are coming!
No Carb Sherbet Pops
- 1 0.3 ounce gelatin sugar-free. Use your favorite flavor. For extra flavor, use a 0.6 ounce box.
- ⅓ cup water boiling
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup club soda cold, plus more
- 1 ½ cup ice crushed
- Place Jello-O into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the boiling water and stir until the Jell-O is dissolved.
- Whisk in the heavy hipping cream, vanilla and 1/3 cup of soda water.
- Place the ice into a blender.
- Add the Jell-O mixture and puree until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add more club soda, a bit at a time.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until set.
Nutritional values are approximate.