This homemade Italian vinaigrette (on the right in the photo) is my favorite salad dressing. It looks great and tastes great and it is so easy to make. I sometimes find that store-bought dressings can be a bit too vinegary. The beauty of making my own versions at home is that I can easily adjust the amount of vinegar. This has the right balance of vinegar and spices. I love it.
This homemade Italian vinaigrette gets better with time as the flavors ‘get happy’. I like to give the dried spices time to flavor the dressing. Shown on the left is my homemade Catalina dressing.
Homemade Italian Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a pint Mason jar and shake well.