Yummy, buttery, garlicky, herby bread. All good things. And very easy to make since I used pre-made pizza dough. I’m not that great at tying knots into raw dough strips, it would seem. But that didn’t matter a bit. These buttery garlic herb knots came out tasting perfect.
For the marinara I used my absolutely go-to homemade pizza sauce. It has the perfect pizza sauce flavor. I make it by the gallon (well, it seems that way at least) and freeze it in small portions so I always have it on hand. It’s perfect for dipping a few buttery garlic herb knots.
Also try my easy cheesy breadsticks.
Buttery Garlic Herb Knots
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves minced (or 1 teaspoon dried, crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves minced (or 1 teaspoon dried, crushed)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- All-purpose flour
- 2 tubes refrigerated Pillsbury thin pizza crust
- Marinara or pizza sauce warmed, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Stir in the thyme, rosemary, 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan, and the garlic powder.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour.
- Remove pizza crusts from tubes and unroll onto the surface. Roll out into rectangles.
- Brush tops of dough with butter mixture. Fold dough over on top of itself.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut each dough in half, then repeat until you have 8 strips about an inch wide. You don't have to get too particular in how wide they are on how straight they are cut.
- Grab ends of each strip and 'tie' them into a knot. Gently, don't pull on the ends real hard or the dough will break.
- Lay knots onto a baking sheet (you'll need two pans) sprayed with non-stick spray. Fold the tips of the dough under the knots so they don't cook too fast.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or longer depending on how golden brown you want your knots.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve hot with warmed marinara sauce for dipping if desired.