I made mini pumpkin cheesecakes for Thanksgiving. They were a big hit. That got me jonesin’ for a more traditional cheesecake. So, that’s what I made! I love making mini classic cheesecakes on my Char-Broil Big Easy. It can’t get much easier.
The Big Easy does cook at a high temperature, so you do have to make sure you don’t overcook the cheesecakes, but it’s still easy. You’ll be rewarded with smooth creamy cheesecake with that light vanilla flavor. Perfect. And all in a single-serve size, so you’re not quite as tempted (maybe) to have more than one.
I am not a baker. Not even close. Yet I found these mini classic cheesecakes on the Char-Broil Big Easy to be very easy to make. I did learn a few things along the way. You really need to make sure you don’t overcook them. Do not let them go over 150 F. And, they may crack a bit no matter how hard you try. That’s ok, the cracks add character.
Mini Classic Cheesecakes on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 3 packages of 6 Keebler Ready Crust Mini Graham Pie Crusts
- 4 8 ounce packages Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla into a mixer and beat until blended.
- With the mixer still running on low speed, add the eggs one-at-a-time until blended.
- Divide mixture between the crusts. Depending on how full you fill them you might not need all 18 crusts.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Working in batches, add pies to the basket and bunk bed basket and lower into the Big Easy.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145-150 F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test the temperature. Do not overcook. The cheesecakes will continue cooking just a bit after being removed from the Big Easy.
- Remove and let cool.