This is ALMOST a copycat version of Denny’s club sandwich. I had to add a slight twist. After enjoying a copycat of Applebee’s Clubhouse Grille sandwich, which has BBQ sauce slathered on the bread, I just had to do the same with this club sandwich.
I love the tang of the BBQ sauce. I used a hickory-smoked flavored sauce, which I think is the perfect sauce for this sandwich.
Now, if BBQ sauce isn’t your thing, substituting Sriracha instead would make for a totally different (and yummy spicy) sandwich. In fact, that’s a great idea. I am going to make my next club sandwich with Sriracha on it instead! I’m glad I thought of it!
Also try my deviled egg salad sandwich.
Copycat Denny's Club Sandwich
- 6 slices bread
- BBQ sauce I used Weber's Hickory Smoke (optional, and not in the original version of the sandwich, but it really adds a nice twist)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast sandwich meat
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham sandwich meat
- Iceberg lettuce shredded or leaves
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 4 thin slices tomato
- Toast the bread as desired.
- Slather one side of two of the slices of the bread with mayonnaise.
- Top with some lettuce, a slice of tomato, a slice of bacon, and the turkey.
- Top each sandwich stack with a piece of bread.
- Add more lettuce, tomato, another slice of bacon, and the ham.
- Slather one side of two other slices of the bread with BBQ sauce (optional).
- Add to sandwich.
- Secure with toothpicks or skewers and serve.