I love shrimp. Boiled peel-and-eat shrimp loaded with Old Bay flavor are my favorite. All I need is a bit of spicy cocktail sauce and I’m ready to go. I thought I’d try something new this time instead of boiling shrimp in spices. I thought I’d try slow cooker party shrimp. And wow! Perfectly cooked shrimp, tender and moist, about as hassle-free as you can possibly get. This is absolutely the easiest way to cook up a big batch of shrimp for a party.
I used 20-24 count wild caught Gulf shrimp for this dish. I prefer Gulf shrimp, and I prefer wild and not farm-raised. Gulf shrimp that have been living in the wilds cannot be beat. That’s why I also use them in my shrimpin’ dippin’ broth.
Also make a batch of my refried bean dip in your slow cooker. It’s another great party dish.
Slow Cooker Party Shrimp
- 1 envelope crab boil spices or use 2 tablespoons of Old Bay per pound of shrimp
- 1 12 ounce can beer
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 4 pounds large shrimp frozen
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Add enough water to cover the shrimp.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until the shrimp are pink and done.
- Serve hot, warm or cold with cocktail sauce.