I’m up for anything with a Southwestern angle to it, and this refried bean dip has just that. Now, I served this up as a dip, but honestly… I could just as easily serve it as a refried bean side dish too. The beans get really, really tasty and tender after a few hours of slow cooking.
For another delicious party dish made in a slow cooker, try our party shrimp.
These beans would also be excellent in our stand-n-stuff bean burritos.
Refried Bean Dip
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup Cholula hot sauce
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips and salsa for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot, Dutch oven, or crockpot.
- Cover and heat over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring on occasion.
Nutritional values are approximate.