I’m up for anything with a Southwestern angle to it, and this refried bean dip has just that. Now, I served this up as a dip, but honestly… I could just as easily serve it as a refried bean side dish too. The beans get really, really tasty and tender after a few hours of slow cooking.
Never skimp when buying refried beans. The extra few cents a can makes a big difference in this refried bean dip. Or better yet, make your own refried beans using dried pinto beans!
For another delicious party dish made in a slow cooker, try our party shrimp.
Refried Bean Dip
I’m up for anything with a Southwestern angle to it, and this refried bean dip has just that. Now, I served this up as a dip, but honestly… I could just as easily serve it as a refried bean side dish too.
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup Cholula hot sauce
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips and salsa for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot, Dutch oven, or crockpot.
- Cover and heat over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring on occasion.
Calories: 1722kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 77g | Fat: 137g | Saturated Fat: 82g | Cholesterol: 402mg | Sodium: 9632mg | Potassium: 1087mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 7202IU | Vitamin C: 181mg | Calcium: 2070mg | Iron: 8mg
Nutritional values are approximate.