For me, the best part of these potato skins on the Char-Broil Big Easy isn’t so much the toppings, though let’s face it, I do love bacon and cheese and sour cream and jalapenos. No, it’s actually the crispy potato skins. Brushing them with melted butter mixed with smoky chipotle powder really sets these skins apart from the usual. It’s not all about the toppings. Every bite is fantastic.
Depending on how big your skins are you can fit at least 8 of them on the Big Easy at once if you use the additional bunk bed basket.
Potato Skins on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 strips of bacon cooked, crumbled
- 2 green onions chopped
- Sour cream
- Diced or sliced jalapenos optional
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Don't make the wedges too thick. If you are using very large potatoes you might have a center portion leftover for other uses.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scrape out the potato insides, leaving 1/4" or so left.
- Place on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 6-10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter and chipotle powder and brush on all sides of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on a rack and lower into the cooker and cook for 5 minutes until hot and starting to get crispy.
- Remove the basket from the Big Easy and let cool for a minute or two.
- CAREFULLY top the potatoes with the cheese (be careful to not touch the still-hot basket) and return to the Big Easy for a few more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with the bacon, green onions, sour cream and diced or sliced jalapenos as desired.