If you follow this blog you know that I’m a lover of all things Buffalo-wing-flavored. From wraps to pizza to cauliflower. I’m not picky as long as it has that great vinegary heat with a hint of butter. So why wouldn’t I make Buffalo wing hummus? Yep, smooth hummus with that sneak-up-on-you spicy flavor. Perfect and a big hit at our last family get-together.
There’s nothing wrong with dipping pita bread in this hummus, but since there’s wing flavors in there, don’t forget to have some celery and carrot sticks around too.
Also try my Buffalo chicken dip.
Buffalo Wing Hummus
- 3 cups canned chickpeas drained and rinsed, liquid reserved
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons cayenne hot sauce
- A pinch or two of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place all ingredients plus 1/2 cup of the reserved chickpea liquid into a food processor.
- Puree until very smooth. Add more reserved chickpea liquid as needed.
- Serve with sliced carrots and celery and warmed pita chips.