We love French fries. But we don’t like heating up the house on a hot day just to enjoy some fries. That’s where my Char-Broil Big Easy comes in. I can cook (reheat, technically) frozen fries in it just like I would indoors. I like to kick-up my fries, and these Italian herb fries are definitely kicked-up. A little butter and a few tasty herbs and it’s time to devour some mighty tasty fries!
To make these Italian herb fries I use the Char-Broil Big Easy cooking rack. Instead of the grates that come with the rack I use 9″ non-stick pie pans. You can also use 8″ pans and just set them on top of the grates.
Italian Herb Fries on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1/2 bag about 1 pound frozen French fries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil slightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano slightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary slightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Add the fries to the cooking rack, or as I do, place them in 9" non-stick pie pans. Place into the Big Easy and cook until golden brown, 20-30 minutes. Fries towards the bottom of the rack might get done sooner, so start checking them after 20 minutes.
- Pour the fries into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the spices.
- Pour butter mixture over the fries and toss to coat. Note: It's completely optional, but you can also return the fries to the Big Easy, after coating them, for about 5 minutes to get a little extra crunch on them and kind of 'set' the spices and butter.