I love the cooking rack I picked up for my Big Easy. It gives me up to 6 racks of cooking at once. And as a bonus, I discovered that I can fit 9″ pie pans onto the rack. Now I can make a whole bunch of things I couldn’t (easily) cook before. Like cornbread on the Char-Broil Big Easy. And in my case, not just any cornbread. No. Over-the-top yummy Fat Johnny’s cheesy cornbread.
You can use any cornbread recipe you want on the Char-Broil Big Easy. Fill the pans about halfway (as you can see on the left in the picture above). If you’re cooking just a pan or two keep your pans at the bottom of the rack.
If you put pans to the top of the rack you might have to rotate them from top-to-bottom to get them to all cook in the same time. Or, you can just remove the done ones as they finish and return the rack to the cooker. Use a toothpick to determine doneness. If it slides into cornbread and comes out clean, the cornbread is done.
You can also bake pizzas in your Big Easy using a store-bought pre-made crust.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Cornbread on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Your favorite cornbread recipe I used Fat Johnny's cheesy cornbread
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Make your cornbread batter just as you normally would
- I found that a normal cornbread batter recipe fits two 9" pans perfectly. Divide the batter between the pans and place the pans into the cooking rack.
- Lower rack into the Big Easy.
- Start checking for doneness (particularly on the lower pans) after the usual cornbread cooking time, 15-20 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of each pan. If the toothpick is clean when you remove it the cornbread is done. Note: You might have to remove some pans before others.