This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Indianapolis recently hosted the Big 10 basketball tournament. As part of the event, the Levy restaurant group in Chicago produced unique hot dogs that highlight each of the Big 10 teams. I came across a copy of the list of the dogs recently, and just had to make each of them. Purple onion marmalade made the Northwestern Wildcat hot dog an absolute top-notch dog and one we won’t soon forget.
The marmalade will become a staple in our house, but not just on Northwestern Wildcat hot dogs. I’m sure it’ll be amazing on pork burgers too!
For a full list of all of the Big 10 team hot dogs, click here and enjoy!
Northwestern Wildcat Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- purple onion marmalade see recipe below
- Creole mustard
- Cook or grill the dogs as desired.
- Toast the buns, if desired (I always do).
- Add cheese to the buns.
- Add dogs to buns.
- Add marmalade and mustard and serve.
For the purple onion marmalade
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with non-stick spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, separating the rings. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes longer, uncovered, until just slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.