Sure, I’ve made bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers on my Char-Broil Big Easy. A lot of times. And I love them. But not everyone loves a little kick in their appetizers like I do, so that’s when these sausage-stuffed peppers take the stage. The peppers get a nice little char on them. They have a little sweetness to them. The sausages bring a wonderful smokiness, and they kind of ‘pop’ when you bite into them. That’s a bit unexpected. The cream cheese? Well, it’s creamy. All wrapped in bacon goodness with a sprinkle of rub.
I used the rub for my Big Easy root beer can chicken on these sausage-stuffed peppers. The rub has a little smoky flavor to it, along with a bit of garlic and just a very, very small hint of spiciness. Not enough to offend those that prefer mellower snacks.
- 10 mini sweet peppers (preferably all about the same size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 Lit' Smokies cocktail sausages
- 5 pieces bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- Your favorite BBQ rub (optional)
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove any seeds and membranes.
- Divide the cream cheese between the peppers.
- Add the sausages and press down slightly to fit snuggly inside the peppers.
- Wrap the peppers with the bacon and sprinkle with the rub.
- Place into the Big Easy basket and bunk bed basket and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp and the peppers have softened.
- Let cool slightly before serving.