Roasted cauliflower is something we make often on the Char-Broil Big Easy. It takes absolutely no time at all to prepare and always comes out perfect. In the past I’ve roasted entire heads of cauliflower in the Big Easy. The only trick to using a whole head of cauliflower is that you have to make sure you buy one that’ll fit into the Big Easy basket.
This time (aka Version 2.0) I thought I’d try using florets instead. And for a little color and ‘ahhhhh’ factor, I used a combination of purple and orange cauliflower. Topped with what has become our house-favorite seasoning, Casa Seasoning from AlbuKirky Seasonings, this cauliflower was tender and tasty. Perfect.
To keep the roasted cauliflower florets from failing thru the Char-Broil Big Easy baskets I lined them foil. With the addition of two bunk bed baskets you could easily cook a good-sized head of cauliflower. You can also use this same recipe for making broccoli.
Roasted Cauliflower Version 2.0 on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 medium head cauliflower steamed or boiled until just softened
- Your favorite seasoning I used AlbuKirky Seasoning's Casa Seasoning
- Note: I prefer to remove the florets from the cauliflower and then steam them. You can also boil them, but steaming them isn't as violent so they tend to stay together. Also, if you are using purple or orange cauliflower boiling tends to remove some of the color.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Lay a single layer of foil inside the basket and/or bunk bed baskets.
- Add the cauliflower in a single layer. Try to not over-crowd too much. A little is ok, but stacking them won't result in even roasting.
- Lower the basket into the cooker and cook for 10-20 minutes depending on how done you want your cauliflower.
- Remove and let cool slightly before seasoning with your favorite seasoning and serving.