Oh, what a wonderful BBQ sauce this hot pepper jelly BBQ sauce is. It has the perfect consistency. Not too runny, not too gloppy. A small bit of heat and a little tang from vinegar and mustard. Perfect for any pork BBQ dish. For me that means smoked baby back ribs.
You can substitute any kind of jelly for the hot pepper jelly, really. But don’t be afraid of hot pepper jelly. Out of the jar, sure, it’s got some kick. But in this hot pepper jelly BBQ sauce that heat gets a little mellowed. You still get great pepper flavor though. It’s still a great sauce!
Want something even spicier? Try my atomic BBQ sauce on ribs.
Hot Pepper Jelly BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup hot pepper jelly I used Tabasco
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until all ingredients are combined.