These are very easy to make and cook. They’re perfect for a hot evening when you don’t want to heat up the house – everything is in one simple packet. The flavors all meld and get happy inside as they cook. You can leave out what you don’t want and add more of what you do want. Just don’t forget the Cajun seasoning.
Grilled Hobo Packets
- 1 pound summer or smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 medium potatoes cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 head green cabbage shredded
- 1 large sweet onion cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 medium squash sliced
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 stick butter cut into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Italian salad dressing
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Tear off 4 large sheets of aluminum foil.
- Combine all the but the seasoning and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to mix.
- Divide the mixture between each piece of foil, creating a pile in the middle.
- Season each packet with the Cajun seasoning (and/or salt and pepper) and seal well. Place over medium high heat and cook 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is done.
- Serve drizzled with a little dressing.
Nutritional values are approximate.