I had pretty low expectations when I set out to make this vegetable and meatball soup. I was very pleasantly surprised in the end. It came out very tasty despite being incredibly easy to make. This isn’t some fru-fru dish here. You’re not going to spend hours in the kitchen prepping for it. It’s not that kind of a thing.
I’ll definitely make this vegetable and meatball soup again! It’s perfect on a night when I just don’t have a lot of time to throw dinner together, but still want a filling meal.
For another a-little-different meatball recipe, try my Hawaiian BBQ meatballs with fried rice.
Vegetable and Meatball Soup
This isn’t some fru-fru dish here. You’re not going to spend hours in the kitchen prepping for it. It’s not that kind of a thing.
- 3 14 ounce beef broth
- 1 pound meatballs frozen cooked
- 1 15 ounce Great Northern beans rinsed, drained
- 1 15 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil granulated garlic, and dried oregano OR 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 10 ounce mixed vegetables frozen
- 1 cup dried pasta rotini
- Combine beef broth, meatballs, beans, tomatoes, spices, and vegetables in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue simmering for 10 minutes or until the pasta is done.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.