This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
These shamrock Peeps Rice Krispies treats were fun to make…
…specially if you’re into watching poor little Peeps meet their demise in a hot pot! My wife hates when I do this to ‘them’.
Although I used green Peeps to make these for St. Patrick’s day, you can use any color, or even a combination of colors (don’t mix them together – let them melt in place). They taste just like your usual Rice Krispies treats. If you don’t have Peeps (they are now available year-round in some places), just use marshmallows and green food coloring.
Peeps melted down make for a fun syrup to add to any Rice Krispies treat.
Shamrock Peeps Rice Krispies Treats
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large non-stick pot.
- Add the Peeps to the pot and melt them, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook or the butter will burn.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the cereal.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and spread it out. I used a spatula sprayed with non-stick spray to make it easier to spread out the cereal.
- Let cool 30 minutes and cut into bars.
Nutritional values are approximate.