There I was, sitting here dreaming about the ice cream with Peep syrup we made when it hit me. I bet that melted Peeps (aka Peep Syrup) would be great over Rice Krispies Treats. And it was! Really, how can you go wrong with melted Peeps! Rice Krispies Treats with Peeps syrup topping is awesome!
I didn’t feel like making the treats from scratch, so I picked up a box of the already-made kind. They’re dangerously good.
These are easy to make. The Peep syrup adds a nice twist. Try different colors of Peeps for a different look! And just between us, I find that melting Peeps is fun to do. Anita can’t stand the sight of them ‘dying’.
Also try my Cheerios nuggets.
Rice Krispies Treats with Peeps Syrup Topping
- Place Peeps into a non-stick pot over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Stir occasionally until the Peeps are completely melted.
- Place treats on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Spoon Peep syrup over treats.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.