This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Boy, this Sriracha-lime popcorn is some mighty good popcorn. Lime, basil and Sriracha really go great together. I never thought about those flavors in popcorn. I do now. In my dreams.
Make a double batch of Sriracha-lime popcorn. And pop it using a Stir Crazy Popcorn maker. This stuff doesn’t last! Now, if you’re like me and love Sriracha, you have to resist the temptation to add more to the spice mixture. More is usually better, but more in this case will mean soggy popcorn. No one wants a bowl of soggy sadness.
Also try my white chocolate Frito popcorn. It’s definitely different.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ tablespoon basil fresh, chopped (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried basil)
- 5 cups popcorn popped. 1 bag or 1/2 cup raw kernels, popped per your popcorn popper's instructions
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add Sriracha and lime juice. Stir.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- Drizzle popcorn with the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Toss to coat. Serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.