This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I have to admit, I’m not the world’s best at vegetable sides. My go-to list for main dishes is much longer. This is something I’ve been working on…. slowly. I prefer sides with a little kick. This Cajun cauliflower recipe from Chef Paul Prudhomme is definitely on my go-to sides list. It is very easy to make and boosts some great flavor to boot. And it’s a lot healthier than your usual creamy cheesy cauliflower recipes.
I keep a variety of Cajun seasonings on hand, from Chef Paul’s version to Slap Ya Mama and everything in-between.
Also try my southern whole-roasted cauliflower.
Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Cajun Cauliflower
- Bring 1 quart of lightly salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the cauliflower and boil gently until starting to get tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Place the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the cauliflower and stir until the cauliflower is slightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the pepper sauce, cilantro and Cajun spice blend, and toss gently.
Nutritional values are approximate.