This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Boy, this Cajun rainbow slaw has some kick! If you’re a fan of horseradish you’ll be all over this salad. If you’re not a fan of horseradish, cut the amount in half and you’ll still get to enjoy a great salad! I make a lot (and I do mean a lot) of slaws and this one is a pleasant change from the usual vinegar- or mayonnaise-based versions.
My favorite way to eat a good slaw is heaped on top of a smoked pulled pork or brisket sandwich. I love the contrast between the crunchy slaw and the tender meat. You just can’t beat it.
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
Also try my Sriracha slaw. Just like this Cajun rainbow slaw, it packs a good bit of a kick.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from the Food Network.
Cajun Rainbow Slaw
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard spicy brown works fine, or combine a few drops of Worcestershire sauce with Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon juiced (to taste, depending on the size of the lemon)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish more or less, to taste
- 1 12 ounce broccoli slaw mix
- 1 small red bell pepper minced
- 1 small orange bell pepper minced
- 3 green onions chopped
- Combine the seasoning, mayo, mustard, lemon and horseradish in a medium bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and fold to coat.
Nutritional values are approximate.