This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Boy, I love a good salad, and this loaded up southwestern Cobb salad was sure easy to love! Go nuts! Put anything you want onto it! We used our smoked turkey breast for extra yummy goodness!
Whenever I’m making Cobb salads for dinner, I walk through the product section at the grocery store and grab whatever looks good, and can be chopped. Then I add a protein or two (cubed chicken, ham or turkey always go well), and some crunch (bacon, crumbled chips, croutons). Canned beans are also a great addition to a Cobb salad. The end result is always fantastic.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Also check out my awesome smoked chicken Cobb Salad.
Southwestern Cobb Salad
- Red leaf lettuce chopped
- Green leaf lettuce chopped
- Smoked turkey cut into bite-sized cubes
- Bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 can black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 can sweet corn drained
- Radicchio sliced thin
- Tomato chopped
- Red onion soaked in water for 10 minutes, then chopped fine
- Avocado cubed
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Blue tortilla chips lightly crushed
- Line a platter with the lettuce and top with the remaining ingredients.
Nutritional values are approximate.