This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Johnsonville recently came out with a line of meatballs. They are soooooo much better than the usual pre-made meatballs you can pick up in your grocer’s freezer section. This is our first time using them, but I can definitely see us cooking with them more!
I think the elements that really make these meatballs stand out are the great meatballs, of course, and also the Kalamata olives. They really add a great richness to the sauce. These are perfect for game-time munching!
Sweet-and-Spicy Appetizer Meatballs
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add in the olives, onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until the onion starts to soften.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the cheese. Stir. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add in the cheese and stir to melt.
- Continue simmering for 30 minutes or until the meatballs are completely warmed through.
- Keep warm for serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.