I make some great homemade meatballs if I do say so myself. Creole meatballs and Greek meatballs are some of our favorites, among others! But when I’m in a rush, and I don’t have a bunch of homemade meatballs in the freezer, I reach for a bag of the new Johnsonville meatballs. They’re mighty tasty, that’s for sure. And they make great meatball sliders. They’re kind of like pigs-in-a-blanket and kind of like sliders. So they’re both!
These meatball sliders disappeared in no time while we were watching football last weekend. They’re the perfect party food. For something a little more substantial, make my spicy grilled meatball sandwiches.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Add pasta sauce to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the meatballs and simmer until warmed.
- Open rolls and separate into triangles. Cut each triangle in half to form two smaller triangles.
- Pinch off a piece (about a 1/3rd of a slice) of mozzarella and place it onto the dough. Gently push it down to give the meatball a place to sit.
- Remove a meatball from the sauce. Shake off the excess sauce and add the meatball on top of the cheese. Roll up the dough and place on an un-greased baking pan.
- Continue the process until all of the meatballs are used. Reserve the sauce.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve with the reserved warmed sauce, for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.