This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
It might seem a bit unusual to add Fritos to a great corn salad, but trust me, chili cheese-flavored Fritos add a great flavor (and crunch) to this dish. Don’t worry if you only have ‘regular’ Fritos on hand, they work great too… just add a pinch of cayenne or chili powder to add some kick. You’ll be making this chili cheese Frito salad again and again. The crunch from the chips, onion and peppers offset the sweet creaminess of the corn.
I used corn from My Dad’s Sweet Corn, located just north of Indianapolis in Tipton, Indiana. They have outstandingly good sweet corn which can be found at most of the farmer’s markets around Indianapolis.
Also try my jalapeno popper grilled corn salad.
This recipe is based on a recipe from Real Mom Kitchen.
Chili Cheese Frito Salad
- 3 14 ounce corn drained (I used 5 cups of local sweet corn)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Chili cheese Fritos
- Combine all but the Fritos and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, combine a few Fritos with the salad. Garnish with more Fritos.
Nutritional values are approximate.