Corn is in season and that’s a happy time for me. And as much as I love grilled corn-on-the-cob, corn in salads is tied for my favorite way to get some good fresh corn into my belly. Like this jalapeno popper grilled corn salad. Creamy dressing. Crunchy bacon. Deliciously sweet corn. And a little heat. This is the perfect side dish for a grill-out or picnic. Make extra because everyone is going to want seconds. Even grandma. Well, if she likes a little spiciness that is. Now that I think about it, you might want to warn her first that this salad does contain jalapenos.
I prefer to use fresh corn when I make jalapeno popper grilled corn salad. We’re getting our corn from the southern US now, but soon they’ll be harvesting corn here in Indiana. Almost time for my yearly ritual of putting up corn for the winter. I race on down to our local farmer’s market, Binford Farmer’s Market, and load up on corn as soon as it’s available. And I do mean load up. My favorite? My Dad’s Sweet Corn from Tipton, Indiana. Hand-picked and incredibly sweet, they always have great corn.
Also try my chili cheese Frito salad.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Corn Salad
- Fire up your grill for medium heat grilling.
- Peel back the husks from the corn but do not remove them. Remove all silks.
- Lightly brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pull the husks back around the corn and tightly wrap in foil.
- Place on the grill and cook 20 minutes, rotating often.
- Open the foil and continue cooking until the corn is tender.
- Remove the corn from the grill and let cool until you can cut the kernels from the ears.
- Combine the corn with all remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Stir before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.