This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
You don’t need to go out to have a great sandwich. This copycat of the Subway Italian BMT sandwich is outstandingly simply and good. Good meats, fresh toppings and a delicious dressing. I used my copycat of Subway’s sub bread to keep it authentic and yummy! This sandwich was just as much fun to make as it was to eat. And the best part is that I got to customize it just like I want it. For me that means extra. Extra meat. Extra cheese.
Chez John taught me the trick about rolling up the meats before putting them on the sandwich. Not only does it look awesome, it makes it look like there’s a lot more meat! Try it. People will think you went the extra mile when you made this copycat Subway Italian BMT Sandwich. Granted, your meat doesn’t come rolled when you hit up the chain restaurant for a sandwich. Maybe it should! Or maybe you can smile and ask them sandwich professional to roll it for you. Just make sure you say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’! It’s worth a shot!
Copycat Subway Italian BMT Sandwich
For the sandwich
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 ounce pepperoni sliced (use sandwich pepperoni)
- 1 ounce prosciutto thinly sliced, see note
- 1 ounce salami see note
- 1 ounce capocollo see note
- 1 ounce mortadella see note
- 4 slices provolone cheese see note
- 1 tomato sliced thin
- 3-4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- Hoagie dressing see below
For the Hoagie Dressing
- Whisk together all ingredients.
For the sandwich
- Slice the bread in half length-wise.
- Drizzle both sizes with the dressing.
- Add the meats, cheeses, tomato, and lettuce.
- Secure the bread with toothpicks and cut into four or six equally-sized sandwiches.
Nutritional values are approximate.