Ah, yummy egg salad! Perfect on crackers. Or as a sandwich. Or, on a hot dog! Yes, trust me. It’s fantastic! The coolness really contrasts the hot all-beef dogs. Believe it or not, I made this egg salad just for topping my deli hot dogs.
When I am feeling particularly adventurous, I roast eggs on my Char-Broil Big Easy. It’s easy, and makes for a great salad. If I’m feeling doubly adventurous I’ll use smoked eggs.
I don’t recommend using light mayonnaise when making this or any mayonnaise-based salad for that matter. Grab the real stuff. For me, that’s Duke’s.
Also try my cool-n-crunchy egg salad for a different twist to the classic.
Ah, yummy egg salad! Perfect on crackers. Or as a sandwich. Or, on a hot dog! Yes, trust me. It’s fantastic!
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Gently place the eggs into a saucepan. Add enough cold water to just cover the eggs.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and cover. Let set for 12 minutes.
- Rinse eggs in cold water. Peel and chop coarsely.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the mayo, mustard and green onion.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and paprika. Stir.
- I prefer to let the salad chill for a few hours before serving, but that’s just a personal preference.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 339mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 566IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.