This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Ah, yummy egg salad! Perfect on crackers. Or as a sandwich. Or, on a hot dog! Yes, trust me. It’s fantastic! The coolness really contrasts the hot all-beef dogs. Believe it or not, I made this just for topping my deli hot dogs. You won’t believe how well a hot-of-the-grill dog and this cold egg salad go together.
Update since my original post: I absolutely stink (best word I could think of) when it comes to making boiled eggs. Hard or soft, doesn’t matter. I am egg challenged. So I picked up a little cheap egg cooker like the one below. This lil baby cranks out 6 eggs in about 15 minutes and they’re perfect each and every time! I don’t even feel bad any more that I just cannot make boiled eggs!
I don’t recommend using light mayonnaise when making this or any mayonnaise-based salad for that matter. Grab the real stuff. For me, that’s Duke’s.
Also try my cool-n-crunchy egg salad for a different twist to the classic.
- Gently place the eggs into a saucepan. Add enough cold water to just cover the eggs.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and cover. Let set for 12 minutes.
- Rinse eggs in cold water. Peel and chop coarsely.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the mayo, mustard and green onion.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and paprika. Stir.
- I prefer to let the salad chill for a few hours before serving, but that’s just a personal preference.
Nutritional values are approximate.