I wasn’t really skeptical about how these deli dogs would turn out. Well, maybe a bit. I wasn’t sure how the egg salad would taste on a hot-off-the-grill all-beef dog.
Well, my worries were unfounded because the combination is wonderful. I used well-chilled egg salad, which contrasted perfectly with the hot grilled hot dog. The black pepper is a must. It gives just a little ‘bite’ to contrast the creaminess of the egg salad.
I topped the dogs with McClure’s spicy pickle relish. It is amazing and has a great kick to it, and like the black pepper, contrasts well with the creamy potato salad.
Also try my yummy derby dogs.
Deli Hot Dogs
- 4 Hot dogs cooked as desired
- 4 Hot dog buns
- 1 cup Egg salad
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place dogs in buns and top with the egg salad. I piped the egg salad onto the dogs, but you can just spoon it on as well.
- Add dill pickle relish and sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper.
Nutritional values are approximate.