This cool-n-crunchy egg salad definitely stands out from the crowd. It’s not quite your traditional egg salad. But it’s not so different enough that it’d scare people off at your next family get-together. Chopped carrots add a nice crunch to the salad, and using cream cheese and only a bit of mayonnaise makes the salad a little thicker than your standard egg salad. It’s rather tasty good as a salad, and would be just as excellent on sandwiches or crackers.
I found the original recipe over at the Louisiana Egg Commission’s website. Also try my more traditional egg salad, perfect on hot dogs or sandwiches.
Cool-n-Crunchy Egg Salad
This cool-n-crunchy egg salad definitely stands out from the crowd. It’s not quite your traditional egg salad. But it’s not so different enough that it’d scare people off at your next family get-together.
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 4 eggs hard-boiled, shelled, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green olives pimiento-stuffed, chopped
- ground black pepper
- Combine the cream cheese, mayo and relish.
- Fold in the eggs, carrots and olives.
- Season with pepper to taste. You probably won’t need to add any salt since the olives add a bit of salty flavor.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3380IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.