Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I bought a Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-less Turkey Fryer a while back. It is one of my favorite “grills” by far. It doesn’t get any easier – marinate/brine/rub/whatever meat you wish to cook and put it into the cooker. Turkeys and chickens take about 15 minutes per pound. A family pack of wings takes about 30 minutes. Done. No mess, no fuss. It’s a beautiful thing. And trust me, I cook a lot of wings on my Big Easy. A lot. To get a family pack of wings onto my Big Easy, I use my homemade mod, the Wingin’ator 3000. You can always cook the wings in an oven or charcoal or gas grill of course.
These fire-eater chicken wings from Steven Raichlen’s The Barbecue! Bible 10th Anniversary Edition are absolutely amazing (as are the other recipes in the 575 page book). Yes, they have some kick, but it’s not overwhelming at all. They’re perfect. I plan on using the rub recipe on whole roasted chickens and turkey from my Big Easy, it’s just that good.
I cook the wings for about 30 minutes in my Big Easy, then I toss them onto a hot grill for a few minutes to crisp up the skin. You can skip that final step and still enjoy really fantastic wings. I served them with our cool Ranch dipping sauce.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Fire-Eater Chicken Wings on the Char-Broil Big Easy
For the wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings separated
- 1 batch Fire-Eater Poultry rub
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fire-Eater sauce see below
- Ranch dipping sauce for wings
For the Fire Eater Hot Sauce
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flake more or less, to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup Sriracha
- Place the wings into a large resealable baggie or container.
- Sprinkle rub over the wings. Seal and shake to coat.
- Open container and add the oil. Seal again and shake to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Remove wings from container.
- While the wings are cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Heat thoroughly.
- When wings are done, transfer to a large bowl and pour the sauce over them. Toss to coat.
- Serve with Ranch dipping sauce
Nutritional values are approximate.