It’s football watching season, and that means dips. And for me that usually means dips with a little kick. Like this T-N-T dip. I served it up over a bed of Fritos and dug in like it was plate of a lovely nachos.
In fact, this T-N-T dip would be great over nachos. Or a baked potato for that matter. Anything. It’s easy, creamy, and flavorful. You can treat it more like a cheese sauce for anything. Or you can put it in a bowl and serve it classic dip style.
If you prefer a mellower dip, use regular pork sausage and leave out the jalapenos.
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Chopped green onion or jalapeno for garnish (optional)
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain.
- And all ingredients to a slow cooker over high heat.
- Cook for up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until all ingredients are combined and the cheese and butter are melted.
- Reduce heat to low, top with garnishes if desired., and serve with corn or tortilla chips.
Nutritional values are approximate.