This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Oh my goodness. I made a batch of these slow cooker Buffalo chicken sliders and watched them disappear lickity-split. All of my favorite flavors in a single bite: chickeny Buffalo wing sauce, Ranch dressing, and cheese. This might just be the most perfect recipe for a crowd. It can’t get any easier, just toss all of the ingredients for the filling into the slow cooker and a few hours later, you’ve got crazy good sliders.
I think you could make a little ‘slider bar’ for these slow cooker Buffalo chicken sliders. Let folks choose from blue cheese, gorgonzola, jalapenos, chopped celery, carrots, cilantro… you name it! Oh, and extra Ranch dressing too for those that are Ranch-aholics like myself. Half the time I think I make Buffalo-flavored dishes just so I have an excuse to have more Ranch dressing in my life.
You can use a mild Buffalo sauce if you’re worried about too much heat. You can always serve a hotter sauce on the side for dipping the sandwiches. Just get a good grip on the slider buns first. You don’t want the yummy chicken sliding off into the sauce.
Also try my slow cooker cream cheese chicken taquitos.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Pour wing sauce and dressing mix into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour into a slow cooker set on low.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 6 hours until fall-apart tender. If the chicken breasts are too large to be submerged in the sauce, flip them over halfway thru the cooking time.
- Remove breasts to a cutting board and shred or chop as desired. Return to the slow cooker and cook another 30 minutes.
- Brown buns if desired.
- Top buns with meat and cheese and place under broiler for just enough time to lightly melt the cheese.
- Drizzle with a little salad dressing and serve. I also added a teaspoon or so of the sauce from the slow cooker.
Nutritional values are approximate.