This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I try to cook just about everything from scratch, but sometimes, that just doesn’t happen. But, even then, I try to do something different. I could’ve just heated up some precooked frozen chicken strips, and had them with Ranch dressing. Or I could make these crazy good (no, really!) “cheater” copycat KFC Twisters. Heck, I’ve never had the real thing, but if they’re nearly as good as these homemade ones, I’d order some.
I made two different versions of these “cheater” copycat KFC Twisters: one with crispy chicken strips, and one with Buffalo chicken strips (my favorite). You can make other variations by dunking the strips into your favorite sauces. BBQ, Nashville hot chicken, garlic Parmesan…. You name it. Any sauce you like for dunking chicken nuggets or slathered on BBQ will work here
There’s nothing fancy going on here, but these were tasty. The Twister sauce is pretty darned good, and would make a great sauce for sandwiches or burgers. And the sauce is also mighty easy to make.
So why do I refer to these as ‘cheater’? Because i used precooked chicken. If I’d made the chicken from scratch, they’d be the real deal. Nothing wrong with the un-real deal, though, sometimes.
If you prefer to skip the wrap and just make the chicken strips, you’ll want to serve them up with my copycat Chick-fil-A dipping sauce.
Cheater Copycat KFC Twisters
For the KFC Twisters
For the KFC Twisters
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and cook 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in a large skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes per side.
- Spread a 3″ wide strip of sauce across the middle of each tortilla, starting 1″ from the left edge and ending at the right edge.
- Add the lettuce, tomato, and chicken over the center of the tortilla, over the sauce, still leaving the leftmost 1″ edge empy.
- Fold the left edge over and then roll up the tortilla. The right edge will remain open. Serve seam-side down so it doesn’t unrolled.
For the Twister Sauce
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Nutritional values are approximate.