My favorite thing to make with a wok (and of course you can make it indoors with a wok on the stovetop) is stir-fry, and in particular, stir-fry with a Mongolian Grill stir-fry sauce. Just cook anything you want, like beef, chicken, shrimp, pork. Add some veggies. And just as everything is about done, add some of this magical sauce. Let it get warm then serve. That’s it!
I cooked with a wok on my Weber Performer grill. The Performer is big, easy to light, and it has a very welcomed work table. Weber has come out with their Gourmet BBQ System, which fits several of Weber’s grills, but mainly the 22 1/2″ charcoal grills like the Performer. The system lets you cook with anything from a wok to a pizza stone. I love it.
I make a double (or even more) batch of this sauce and keep it in the fridge. If you prep all the meats ahead of time, you can have an easy-to-make dinner in no time.
Also try my spicy Hoosier Momma pork stir-fry.
Mongolian Grill Stir-Fry Sauce
- Heat oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir in the ginger powder and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add sauce to cooked stir fry just before serving. I use about 1/4 cup per serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.