A different day, a different dog! This is another great idea from Dougie Dog from Vancouver, Canada. I’ve never been there, but I caught the truck on an episode of Eat Street and instantly knew that I was going to have to make my take on some of their dogs, like this mushroom Swiss melt dog.
I get my hot dog buns from our local bakery, Taylor’s. Their buns blow the store-bought ones away by a country mile. Why make a fru-fru dog and put it on a poo-poo bun? Oh, I might have to trademark that saying…
Also try my New Jersey Italian dogs.
Mushroom Swiss Melt Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced, grilled
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- Dijon mustard
- Grill or cook your dogs.
- Warm your buns, if desired.
- Place dogs in buns. Top with mushrooms and cheese. Put under the oven broiler or back onto the grill long enough to melt the cheese.
- Add crumbled bacon and Dijon and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.