A different day, a different dog! This is another great idea from Dougie Dog from Vancouver, Canada. I’ve never been there, but I caught the truck on an episode of Eat Street and instantly knew that I was going to have to make my take on some of their dogs, like this mushroom Swiss melt dog.
You can’t go wrong with the combination of grilled, woodsy mushrooms, smokey bacon, Swiss and the kick of Dijon mustard. This is a mighty fine dog, easy to make, and definitely different.
I get my hot dog buns from our local bakery, Taylor’s. Their buns blow the store-bought ones away by a country mile. Why make a fru-fru dog and put it on a poo-poo bun? Oh, I might have to trademark that saying…
Also try my New Jersey Italian dogs.
Mushroom Swiss Melt Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced, grilled
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- Dijon mustard
- Grill or cook your dogs.
- Warm your buns, if desired.
- Place dogs in buns. Top with mushrooms and cheese. Put under the oven broiler or back onto the grill long enough to melt the cheese.
- Add crumbled bacon and Dijon and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.