This is another (fantastic) copycat of a hot dog that you can grab from the Dougie Dog food truck in Vancouver, Canada. Nope, I’ve never been there. But, I saw the Dougie Dog truck on a recent episode of Eat Street on the Cooking Channel and fell in love with their menu. They have some crazy great dogs. Like this Charlie Mac hot dog.
Everything about this dog screams yummy. And I didn’t skimp on the buns, either. I picked up some fresh-baked hot dog buns from my local bakery, Taylor’s Bakery. All I have to do is call the day ahead and place my order. The next morning I’m picking up the most soft and fantastic smelling buns ever.
Ooey gooey cheese belongs on a hot dog. Also give my Wiz dog a try. It’s loaded with cheese.
Charlie Mac Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup macaroni and cheese I made a batch of our favorite All-American Mac-and-Cheese
- processed cheese sauce warmed (optional)
- 4 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- Cook your dogs and warm your buns.
- Place dogs in buns and top with plenty of the mac-and-cheese.
- Add cheese sauce if using.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.