It’s getting hot out. That’s when I try to cook every meal outside, from appetizers to desserts and everything in between. I’m always on the lookout for a good tasty side dish that I can throw on the grill, like these grill-roasted herb potatoes. They have a great herb flavor. But to really make them great, they’re cooked with (and topped with) French-fried onions.
You could substitute any herb you have on hand for the thyme, such as rosemary or dill. And though the fried onions could be omitted, they add a great onion flavor along with a nice crunch to compliment the creamy soft potatoes.
Grill-Roasted Herb Potatoes
- Fire up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Tear off a large piece of foil, about 2′ long.
- Combine all of the ingredients minus 1/3 cup of the French-fried onions in a large bowl.
- Pour the bowl contents out onto the center of the foil and fold up the edges to seal it.
- Place on your grill over indirect heat and cook 25-30 minutes, rotating the packet once, until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve garnished with the remaining French-fried onions.
Nutritional values are approximate.