This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Hot dogs should never get boring. I make them often, specially during the nicer weather months of the year. Fortunately, it takes very little effort to transform a normal dog into something fantastic. These Stroganoff hot dogs combine grilled onions and mushrooms with a creamy sauce and fresh toppings. For easy outdoor cooking, cook the onions and mushrooms on the same grill you cook the dogs on, using a vegetable basket or griddle.
A nice Italian sausage or bratwurst can be substituted for hot dogs for an even more amazing dish. But using a regular, good ole dog will still make for an outstanding Stroganoff hot dog!
Also try the Capone hot dog.
Stroganoff Hot Dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 2 hot dogs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup mushrooms fresh, sliced
- ¼ cup sweet onion sliced
- ¼ cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- ½ Roma tomato seeded, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Toast the buns, if desired
- Cook the hot dogs on the grill or per package instructions.
- Mix the mushrooms and sweet onion with the oil. Saute in a skillet over medium heat or on the grill until just turning tender.
- In a medium bowl combine the cooked onion and mushroom, the lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Stir well.
- Top buns with a slice of cheese each.
- Add the hot dogs and onion mixture. Enjoy!
Nutritional values are approximate.