As simple as this roasted beet salad is, it is packed full of great flavors. The roasted beets have such a wonderful sweetness to them. The balsamic vinegar and oil dressing really quiets all that sweetness. Last, the tang of Feta cheese finishes it all off perfectly. As soon as I took my first bite I grabbed my phone and added this recipe to my Thanksgiving meal to-do list. Of course, you can make this salad any time of the year, but I can definitely see it quickly becoming a holiday favorite.
I keep a spreadsheet on Google docs for any menu ideas that hit me. That way, no matter where I am at, I can make a note about a recipe that might be good to make in the future. Like this roasted beet salad, which I just added to my Thanksgiving menu!
Make sure that you whisk the vinegar and oil mixture well before pouring it over the beets.
Roasted Beet Salad
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Trim the stem ends of the beets so they can sit flat on a pan.
- Rub beets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 1 hour or until just getting tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Peel the beets then slice thin.
- Line a serving platter with the lettuce.
- Add beet slices.
- Crumble cheese over the beets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup of olive oil and drizzle over the beets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.