This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
As simple as this roasted beet salad is, it is packed full of great flavors. The roasted beets have such a wonderful sweetness to them. The balsamic vinegar and oil dressing really quiets all that sweetness. Last, the tang of Feta cheese finishes it all off perfectly. As soon as I took my first bite I grabbed my phone and added this recipe to my Thanksgiving meal to-do list. Of course, you can make this salad any time of the year, but I can definitely see it quickly becoming a holiday favorite.
I keep a spreadsheet on Google docs for any menu ideas that hit me. That way, no matter where I am at, I can make a note about a recipe that might be good to make in the future. Like this roasted beet salad, which I just added to my Thanksgiving menu!
Make sure that you whisk the vinegar and oil mixture well before pouring it over the beets.
Roasted Beet Salad
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Trim the stem ends of the beets so they can sit flat on a pan.
- Rub beets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 1 hour or until just getting tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Peel the beets then slice thin.
- Line a serving platter with the lettuce.
- Add beet slices.
- Crumble cheese over the beets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup of olive oil and drizzle over the beets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.